December 21, 2016
GIANT/MARTIN'S SURPRISES LOCAL HUNGER RELIEF ORGANIZATIONS WITH ADDITIONAL DONATIONS TOTALING $100,000
2016 holiday donations total $212,500
Carlisle, PA. (December 21, 2016) - As part of its "Feeding Our Neighbors Everyday" holiday campaign, GIANT Food Stores surprised 20 hunger relief organizations with donations totaling $100,000 to assist them in providing additional holiday meals to help feed those in need.
"GIANT/MARTIN'S is committed to the fight against hunger year round, but this year we wanted to give a little more to our local food pantries," said Tom Lenkevich, GIANT/MARTIN'S president. "These organizations help to bring joy and meals to families in our local communities."
Each of the organizations below recently received $5,000 in GIANT/MARTIN'S gift cards:
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Allentown, Pottsville, PA
- Colonial Neighborhood Council, Conshohocken, PA
- Congressional Community Action Project, Front Royal, VA
- Culpeper Food Closet, Culpeper, VA
- DuBois Food Pantry, DuBois, PA
- Faith in Action, Keyser, WV
- Family & Community Service of Delaware County, Media, PA
- Jefferson County Community Ministries, Charles Town, WV
- Lebanon County Christian Ministries, Lebanon, PA
- Loaves & Fishes Pantry, Martinsburg, WV
- Lord’s Pantry of Downingtown, Downingtown, PA
- New Hope Ministries, Dillsburg, PA
- Pottsville Area Soup Kitchen, Pottsville, PA
- Salvation Army Corps of Chambersburg, Chambersburg, PA
- Salvation Army of Reading, Reading, PA
- St. Francis Inn, Philadelphia, PA
- United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA, Scranton, PA
- Western Maryland Food Bank, Cumberland, MD
- York County Food Bank, York, PA
- York Union Rescue Mission, York, PA
This year, GIANT/MARTIN'S "Feeding Our Neighbors Everyday" holiday campaign totaled $212,500 in turkeys, cash and gift card donations to local hunger relief organizations.
GIANT/MARTIN'S is committed to working every day to help its customers save money, save time and eat well. Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN'S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN'S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN'S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN'S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.