March 21, 2015
GIANT/MARTIN’S ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF AURORA AND GIANT/MARTIN’S BRAND WALNUT & TRAIL MIX BLEND PRODUCTS
Carlisle, PA – Following a recall by Aurora Products, Inc., GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’s Food Markets announced it removed from sale select Aurora and GIANT/MARTIN’S brand walnut & trail mix blend products due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The following products are included in this recall:
- GIANT/MARTIN’S Walnuts, 6.5 oz., UPC 8826713594, with best if used by dates of 10/29/15 - 12/7/15
- GIANT/MARTIN’S Cranberry Health Mix, 21 oz., UPC 8826713692, with best if used by dates of 10/30/15 - 12/13/15
- GIANT/MARTIN’S Cranberry Health Mix, 9.25 oz., UPC 8826714713, with best if used by dates of 10/30/15 - 12/13/15
- GIANT/MARTIN’S Roasted Salt Mixed Nuts, 9 oz., UPC 8826714736, with best if used by dates of 11/4/15 - 12/13/15
- Aurora Forest Bounty Grail Mix, 17.5 oz., UPC 65585200496, with best if used by dates of 10/28/15 - 12/13/15
- Aurora Roasted No Salt Mixed Nuts, 9 oz., UPC 65585200243, with best if used by dates of 11/10/15 - 12/10/15
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date. Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Aurora Products at 800-898-1048. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN’S websites.
Headquartered in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 31,000 associates. Founded in 1923, GIANT and MARTIN’S have a long-standing commitment to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children in addition to working with hundreds of local organizations annually. The company was recognized for its leadership in the fight against hunger with the Golden Grocer Award by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. In addition, GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. GIANT and MARTIN’S are Ahold companies. For more information visit www.GiantFoodStores.com and www.MartinsFoods.com. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/giantfoodstores and facebook.com/martinsfoods.