March 23, 2015
GIANT/MARTIN’S ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF AMY’S KITCHEN FROZEN FOOD ITEMS
Carlisle, PA – Following a recall by Amy’s Kitchen, Inc., GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets announced it removed from sale select Amy’s Kitchen frozen food items due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Brown Rice & Vegetables Bowl, 10 oz., UPC 4227200161; lot number 30-A205
- Garden Vegetable Lasagna, 10.3 oz., UPC 4227200041; lot numbers 30-B025 and 30-C095
- Gluten Free Tofu Scramble Breakfast Wrap, 5.5 oz., UPC 4227200807; lot numbers 30-A265 and 30-B025
- Spinach Pizza, 14 oz., UPC 4227200102; lot numbers 30-A285 and 30-B105
- Stuffed Pasta Shells Bowl, 10 oz., UPC 4227400178; lot number 30-C055
- Tofu Scramble, 12 pack, 9 oz., UPC 4227200054; lot number 10-A305
- Tofu Vegetable Lasagna, 9.5 oz., UPC 4227200033; lot number 30-B135
- Vegetable Lasagna, 12 pack, 9.5 oz., UPC 4227200032; lot numbers 30-A215, 30-A305, 30-B115, 30-C045
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date. Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Amy’s Kitchen at 707-781-7535. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN’S websites.
Headquartered in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 31,000 associates. Founded in 1923, GIANT and MARTIN’S have a long-standing commitment to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children in addition to working with hundreds of local organizations annually. The company was recognized for its leadership in the fight against hunger with the Golden Grocer Award by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. In addition, GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. GIANT and MARTIN’S are Ahold companies. For more information visit www.GiantFoodStores.com and www.MartinsFoods.com. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/giantfoodstores and facebook.com/martinsfoods.