June 18th, 2015
[email protected]< /p>
MARTIN’S FOOD MARKETS OPENS NEW WAYNESBORO, PA STORE
Features new layout and amenities to enhance overall shopping experience
Carlisle, PA – MARTIN’S Food Markets opens the doors of its brand new Waynesboro location tomorrow, Friday, June 19 at 8 a.m. Open 24 hours daily, the new 57,000 square foot store is located at 706 E. Main Street in Waynesboro, PA and replaces the current MARTIN’S store located at 1511 E. Main Street. Approximately 50 additional full and part time jobs were created to bring the total store workforce to150.
“We are excited to introduce our new format to the Waynesboro community, which offers customers a fresher and better place to shop both inside the store and out,” said Steve Blessing, store manager.
The new Waynesboro MARTIN’S features the company’s newest format and store layout which is anchored by a vast perishable hall. The fresh perishable departments such as produce, deli, bakery, meat and seafood all come into view as customers enter the store. The fresh hall includes these key destinations:
- Market Fresh Produce – in addition to the bountiful assortment of fresh and locally-grown fruits and vegetables, this vibrant department also features a variety of fresh organic produce items and a salad bar.
- Butcher Shoppe and Seafood Market – features Certified Angus Beef, 100% U.S.D.A. Choice Grade Beef, All-Natural Hatfield Pork, and Grade A Chicken and offers a vast selection of steaks, filets and shellfish. The Waynesboro store also offers a lobster tank and free steamer service.
- Market Square Deli – brings the freshest assortment of deli meats, including Boar’s Head products and a world-class assortment of cheeses and specialty cheeses. Customers will also find ready-to-eat sandwiches, salads, MARTIN’S signature fried chicken, fresh (never frozen) rotisserie chicken, pasta, soups and entrees.
- Corner Bakery Shoppe – located deep in the store’s perishable hall, the bakery features MARTIN’S award-winning cakes and desserts, Old World artisan breads, and delicious donuts.
- Floral – From holiday arrangements to simple bouquets to brighten someone’s day, full-service professional florists can help.
Outside in the store parking lot, customers can continue to take advantage of the convenient fuel station which has been open since January 16. For every $100 spent on grocery and pharmacy out-of-pocket expenses at any MARTIN’S using a BonusCard, customers receive ten cents off per gallon of gas when they fill up as part of Gas Extra Rewards.
The store will offer many other services, including Western Union, RedBox DVD rentals, money orders, ATM, lottery tickets and postage stamps.
Time Saving and Convenient Technology
Back inside, Waynesboro customers can utilize MARTIN’S state-of-the-art technology for added convenience, including SCAN IT! and SCAN IT! mobile. Using either your smartphone or a SCAN IT! handheld device, just scan and bag your groceries as you shop and sail through checkout – just pay and go. With SCAN IT! and SCAN IT! mobile, customers receive exclusive, personalized offers. You can also keep track of your total as you go, making it easier to stay on budget.
EasyScan allows customers to utilize one of four self-scanning units to expedite the checkout process. EasyWeigh enables customers to weigh their produce, bulk food and other items making checkout quicker and easier. In addition, free WiFi is available throughout the store to utilize MARTIN’S smartphone app when shopping.
Built with the Environment in Mind
The new Waynesboro MARTIN’S, which is pursuing LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, has been constructed with innovative building technologies to reduce energy consumption and the environmental impact of operations. LED lighting is used in many interior and exterior areas of the store to significantly reduce energy needs. Warm concrete floors have replaced traditional tile, reducing the amount of cleaning solutions normally utilized.
Living Here, Giving Here
MARTIN’S celebrated the opening of its newest store by giving $5,000 in donations to the following local organizations in a special presentation on June 18 at the store:
- Waynesboro Area School District
- Waynesboro Fire Department
- Waynesboro Police Department
- The Lunch Place/Susannah’s Pantry (Christ United Methodist Church)
- New Hope Shelter
“As part of our commitment to being a responsible retailer, MARTIN’S is proud to live and give to the local communities we serve,” said Blessing.
Grand Opening Festivities
In celebration of the grand opening, Waynesboro customers can enjoy special grand opening savings, in-store entertainment, and giveaways throughout the weekend:
- On June 19 – opening day - the first 200 customers through the doors will receive a free MARTIN’S reusable shopping bag and MARTIN’S Own Brand 6 pack of English Muffins. Bread ambassadors will also be handing out a free loaf of Natures Harvest Honey Wheat Bread to customers while supplies last.
- On Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21 from 12 – 4 p.m. both days, looks for the Own Brand Prize Patrol who will award MARTIN’S gift cards to select customers who purchase MARTIN’S Own Brand products.
- For the kids, clowns will be making animal balloons on both Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. both days.
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN’S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.