February 8, 2016
GIANT FOOD STORES INTRODUCES NEW FRESH MEAL KITS IN SELECT GREATER PHILADELPHIA AND LEHIGH VALLEY STORES Helps customers save time and eat well with convenient and fresh meal preparation
Carlisle, PA – GIANT Food Stores today announced the launch of its new fresh meal kit program in 12 greater Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley stores. Each kit features pre-measured fresh ingredients to make two servings of the selected meal as well as step by step instructions. GIANT’s fresh meal kits will be featured in the produce, meat or deli sections.
“Our customers are busy and these new fresh meal kits are another innovative way we are helping them to save time and eat well by getting a delicious and convenient home-cooked meal on the table,” said Erik Keptner, senior vice president of sales, merchandising and marketing, GIANT.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, they are also a great option to prepare a special dinner. The fresh meal kits, which will vary by season, are all ready to easily prepare and cook in 35 minutes or less.
Varieties currently include:
- Pan seared chicken breast with creamy mushroom sauce, garlic roasted green beans and seasoned wild rice
- Baked chicken parmesan with rosemary Yukon gold potato wedges and fresh ratatouille
- Mini Italian style meatloaf with couscous and fresh vegetables
- Peppercorn steak with creamy blue cheese sauce, chive mashed potatoes, and garlic roasted broccoli and cauliflower
- Pan seared boneless pork chops with apple and honey mustard sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes
GIANT’s new fresh meal kits can be found at the following stores:
- 539 N. Oak Ave., Aldan
- 3400 Concord Rd, Aston
- 1750 Dekalb Pike, Blue Bell
- 216 E. Fairmont St., Coopersburg
- 1874 Bethlehem Pike, Flourtown
- 116 West Township Line Rd., Havertown
- 6542 E. Logan Square, New Hope
- 2450 Chemical Rd., Plymouth Meeting
- 721 W. Sproul Rd., Springfield
- 7150 Hamilton Blvd, Trexlertown
- 1375 East Boot Rd, West Chester
- 315 York Rd., Willow Grove
The cost for one kit, which serves two people, is $14.99 and two kits to serve four people is $24.99. In addition to being available at these 12 GIANT stores, Peapod customers in greater Philadelphia and the Lehigh Valley can also order the kits for delivery.
GIANT/MARTIN’S is committed to working every day to help its customers save money, save time and eat well. Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN’S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.