FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GIANT AND MARTIN’S PHARMACISTS TO OFFER FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS JUNE 15
Carlisle, PA, June 10, 2019 – In helping customers live healthier lifestyles, the pharmacists at GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets are offering free health screenings at 25 in-store pharmacies on Saturday, June 15 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Customers can receive free blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol screenings – no appointment necessary. In addition, GIANT and MARTIN’S pharmacists will be sharing tips on how to have a healthy summer, covering topics like smart summer skin care, including sunscreen recommendations, the importance of hydration and how to build a summer first aid kit.
“Our customers are always on the go and we know that’s especially true during the summer months with vacations, picnics and other activities,” said Leigh Shirley, director of pharmacy operations, GIANT Food Stores. “Our free health screenings provide our customers with an opportunity for a quick and convenient health check-up so that they can get back to having fun in the sun with their family and friends.”
The free health screenings are available at the following GIANT pharmacies in Pennsylvania:
- 3015 West Emmaus Ave., Allentown
- 50 Briar Creek Plaza, Berwick
- 4930 Edgemont Ave., Brookhaven
- 216 E. Fairmont St., Coopersburg
- 202 Chestnut St., Coplay
- 301 Town Center Blvd., Easton
- 4510 Marketplace Way, Enola
- 1874 Bethlehem Pike, Flourtown
- 1540 Cowpath Road, Hatfield
- 116 West Township Line Road, Havertown
- 4001 New Falls Road, Levittown
- 1008 Lititz Pike, Lititz
- 450 East Main St., Middletown
- 130 Old York Road, New Cumberland
- 1153 N. 5th St., Perkasie
- 700 Nutt Road, Phoenixville
- 3175 Cape Horn Road, Red Lion
- 1375 Boot Road, West Chester
- 1255 Carlisle Road, York
- 1000 Logan Blvd., Altoona, Pa.
- 190 Flowing Spring Road, Charles Town, W. Va.
- 15371 Montanus Drive, Culpeper, Va.
- 739 Park St., Cumberland, Md.
- 409 South St., Front Royal, Va.
- 400 Gateway Dr., Winchester, Va.
About GIANT Food Stores, LLC
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT Food Stores is passionate about building strong families and healthy communities. With a customer-centric approach in all it does, GIANT serves millions of families across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia through its nearly 180 neighborhood stores, 132 pharmacies, 101 fuel stations and its online grocery ordering and delivery services. GIANT Food Stores is proud to employ more than 30,000 associates who believe in giving back to their community and over the last five years, GIANT, with the help of its customers and vendor partners, has proudly donated more than $100 million to local nonprofits.The GIANT Family of Brands includes GIANT, MARTIN'S Food Markets, GIANT Heirloom Market, and GIANT DIRECT, Powered by Peapod. GIANT Food Stores is a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.