FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GIANT OPENS BRAND NEW WALNUTPORT STORE
Carlisle, PA (May 17, 2019) – GIANT Food Stores celebrated the grand opening of its new Walnutport, Pa. store located at 300 S. Best Ave. this morning. The new 55,000 square foot GIANT operates 6 a.m. to midnight seven days a week and employs approximately 200 full and part time associates.
“We are so proud to have joined the Walnutport community, and our team is ready to help busy families put good food on the table,” said Steve Bowlby, store manager. “To make life easier, our store focuses on easy, fresh meal ideas along with an extensive Beer & Wine Eatery, on-site fuel, and what’s more convenient than curbside pick-up with GIANT DIRECT?”
The new Walnutport store features GIANT’S signature fresh departments, coupled with expanded product variety and new offerings, including:
- Farm fresh produce – More than 350 fresh produce items including a variety of organic selections, locally grown produce and in-store fresh cut vegetables and fruits;
- Full-service deli – Fresh assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with an expanded selection of prepared foods, an Asian hot bar and grab and go meals;
- Full-service meat & seafood – Offering USDA Prime, Nature’s Promise meats, chicken and fish;
- Full-service bakery – Featuring signature cakes, artisan breads, made-fresh donuts and other dessert favorites;
- Full-service floral – Offering a variety of fresh-cut flowers and stunning arrangements;
- GIANT DIRECT, Powered by Peapod – Gives busy Walnutport customers the opportunity to order their groceries online for easy curbside pick-up at peapod.com.
- Beer & Wine Eatery – Stocked with more than 300 varieties of both national and local brand beer and wine in addition to fresh-made fare including meal combos, sandwiches, wraps, subs, sushi and salads;
- Entertaining by GIANT – Appetizers, entrees and even desserts are all available through GIANT’S catering service, and with online ordering at giantfoodstores.com, celebrations have never been easier;
- On-site fuel station – Located within the store parking lot, for every $100 spent on groceries using a BonusCard, GIANT customers receive ten cents off per gallon of gas when they fill up as part of Gas Extra Rewards.
As part of GIANT’S ongoing philanthropic commitment, the store celebrated its opening with local community groups in a special presentation on May 16. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Diamond Fire Company, Northern Lehigh Food Bank, Northern Lehigh School District and Walnutport Police Department each received a $1,000 donation. In celebration of the grand opening Walnutport customers can enjoy special grand opening savings, in-store entertainment and giveaways throughout the weekend:
- Friday, May 17: The first 200 customers in line received a free GIANT reusable shopping bag, a six-pack GIANT brand English muffins and other grand opening savings.
- Saturday, May 18: Activities include balloon animals from 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Sunday, May 19: Activities include a giveaway of GIANT gift cards from the Nature’s Promise Prize Patrol from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
About GIANT Food Stores, LLC
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT Food Stores is passionate about building strong families and healthy communities. With a customer-centric approach in all it does, GIANT serves millions of families across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia through its nearly 180 neighborhood stores, 132 pharmacies, 101 fuel stations and its online grocery ordering and delivery services. GIANT Food Stores is proud to employ more than 30,000 associates who believe in giving back to their community and over the last five years, GIANT, with the help of its customers and vendor partners, has proudly donated more than $100 million to local nonprofits.The GIANT Family of Brands includes GIANT, MARTIN'S Food Markets, GIANT Heirloom Market, and GIANT DIRECT, Powered by Peapod. GIANT Food Stores is a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.